Boydell School

When H. T. Boyd moved to Lubbock it 1925, one of the Ellington brothers helped him sell his ranchland for farm. Several settlers with school-aged children moved to the area and a school was built about three and half miles west of the Boyd ranch house. The surnames "Boyd" and "Ellington" were combined to give the school the name "Boydell".

In the following two years many of the farmers let their land go back Boyd, and the school was eventually moved two miles north near the Melvin Woodley ranch house.

Boydell School was discontinued around 1930 and absorbed by the Whiteface school district.
Source: Texas' Last Frontier: A New History of Cochran County by Elvis E. Fleming and David J. Murrah, 2001