Bull Camp School

Bull Camp School was built in the summer of 1924 and was named after one of the Slaughter Ranch's early line camps. Bull Camp School was located a few miles northwest of Morton; he area would later become the Duggan Ranch.

Classes were only held from September to Christmas of 1924 and it was at that time that the Bull Camp School teacher, Clara DeBusk, married, and the Bull Camp students had to finish out the school year at the Shipman School.

In 1925 Bull Camp, Minnie Veal and Morton schools consolidated, forming the Morton Independent School District.


Source: Texas' Last Frontier: A New History of Cochran County by Elvis E. Fleming and David J. Murrah, 2001